Wednesday 6 May 2015

Air New Zealand New Aircraft and New Colours at Wellington

Firstly, I would like to make it clear that I am not employed as a publicist for Air New Zealand!

But I have managed to photograph quite a few Air New Zealand airccraft at Auckland recently.  Then when I was in Wellington for Anzac Day I managed a few more photos at Wellington International (aka Middle of Middle Earth, or is that is just the terminal?).

I managed to get a great viewpoint to photograph the aircraft, very near to the runway and elevated one story so you can shoot over the fences (except for the first and fifth photos where I was lower).  from that vantage point it is very obvious that the runway slopes down quite a bit to a low point opposite the Wellingtom Aero Club hangar.  It was an absolutely positively wonderful Wellington day with a very light Southerly wind and bright sun, as you can see in the photos..

Airbus A 320-232 ZK-OXC with winglets,

Newer A 320-232 ZK-OXG with winglets,

And older A 320-232 ZK-OJC without winglets.

ATR-GIE ATR 72-600-212A ZK-MVF

Bombadier DHC 8-311 ZK-NEQ

ZK-NET

ZK-NER

And ZK-NEW from from further down the runway, taken from Lyall Bay.

I had a great couple of hours and I will return there next time I am in Wellington.  The above aircraft were the ones wearing the new Air New Zealand scheme.  I also photo'd some other aircraft which I will post in further posts.


1 comment:

  1. what a good photo spot and besides they are new zealand registed aircraft i have no prob with them appearing on the blog its all very interesting after all they are aircraft too and share the same sky as the smaller ones keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete