Tuesday 12 April 2016

Question time # 186

Question time # 186.
Another nose job from the archives.

What Aircraft type do we have here ?

If you can tell me the NZ civil registration of this one - then all the better !

And in case there is a vast influx of correct answers.
What is the individual letter on the rudder of this aircraft ?

Fergus has identified it correctly as a De Havilland Canada DHC-1 Chipmunk. 

Below is a second clue to help sort out its registration and tail code letter (maybe).



3 comments:

  1. is it a dehavilland chipmunk zk-sax
    letter 's'on the tail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo there Fergus.
    It is indeed a De Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk.

    But the pic is not ZK-SAX.
    I don't recall SAX carrying the letter 'S'.

    I know that ZK-RFS wears an 'S' on its tail and a larger one on its fuselage.

    However I do think your response is worthy of a chocky fish (so please email me your postal address).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh. it is xuk with the letter R ?
    haha. my address is: 10 Nelson St Feilding (Manawatu, 4702) thanks fergus (:

    ReplyDelete